Feb 9, 2011

We Robot


I came across a fascinating article today on BBC.  It seems that we are creating an internet-like interface for future robots to access.  It's a quick read, so I won't say much here, besides to say that EU scientists are trying to share and standardize knowledge for autonomous robots to access.  And quicker than you can say Skynet, we have the robot equivalent of wikipedia.  But apocalyptic naysayers aside, I find it profound that we are already modeling the learning of the next generation of (likely domestic) robotics after human knowledge compendiums.  I can't help think of the creation myths of numerous cultures whose portrayal of human origins are as made in God's or gods' images.  I suppose my first question is are we fashioning servants, equals, or demigods?

No comments:

Post a Comment